9.4.08

Results

Hooray.....I placed in the top ten in my age group for the half marathon!!! I bettered my last Fall's time by 2 minutes: One hour, 51 minutes and 50 seconds for 13.1 miles.  I think I may have pushed a little too hard though....I was WIPED OUT Saturday afternoon......a three hour nap and an upset tummy (that happens if you run a little too hard).

Fun, fun, fun!! My children's school is having a Used Book Sale this week.......my favorite thing to volunteer for.......and volunteers get first pick!!  I found a few books with vintage looking pictures and poems in them....I thought I could be like my sister Heidi and turn them into some cute cards or tags.....my daughter's laughed when I told them that!!  Here are some of the poems and illustrations:

                          

                          

                          

                          

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on placing in the top ten!  I knew you'd do well!  Sorry to hear you were wipped out after the race, hope you're all recovered by now!

I love vintage children's books!  Yes!  Made some tags or cards with those vintage books!  The second photo you showed is so precious.  The little girl with a deer near.  Reminds me of when Erica was able to get a little deer to eat an apple out of her hand a the cabin/lake years ago.  Such were the summer of our children!

And is that Laura Engles Wilder book photo the third one?  That is so TOTALLY you!  You used to love to read her stories!

Take care!  

Love,
Heidi

Anonymous said...

i know that one pic of the lady in the wagon with the girls is from a book i read that i am pretty sure was illustrated by garth williams--- is it from one of the little house books?  stop by the rant anytime.  material is not appropriate for those with weak hearts, tender ears, with content rated from pg-13 to r based on standards from the mpaa.