12.3.07

Double Day!

Whew....what a day....I actually did a double workout today! After my 13.25 mile run yesterday, I woke up a little stiff.  But I got out there this morning and walked 3, then ran one more.  I was actually looking for my husband who was running and my two daughters who where on bikes.....never did meet up with them.

Late this afternoon, my son who is just recovered from a broken foot, needed a little inspiration to do his track workout for the day.  It's hard coming back from sports injury!  Anyway, he and I ran a half mile, then did eight 200 meter repeats (with a walk back recovery).  That's the first track workout I've done in along time.  I tried to stay right on his sholder.  The first two he was way ahead, but then I got my old running form back.  It was a great workout!

I have learned quite a few new games this week----Toss UP!  might be my favorite....simple , but fun.  My boys have enjoyed Goblet....kind of like tic-tac-toe or connect four, but much more complicated. They took the game to a whole new level last night!

Time for more games with the boys (the girls are asleep). 

Go a play with someone you love!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yippeeeee and hooray!
we played blokus today......a brand new, never before played, strategy, tough thinking game.......and sophie won!
i miss you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to the broken-foot-guy!  I'm going to be late, but let him know I'm thinking of him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Happy Birthday, M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

What an inspiration you are!!! I just think you're phenomenal!!! (That's my biggest word - and my ultimate compliment!) What a sweet, loving mom you are to make the commitment to play a game every day with your family. Plus, you help get Michael revved up in his workouts. My my my. And you run so much!!!! My hat is off to you. BTW There's a surprise for you on my blog!!! ***Sparky***