20.3.07

Happy Spring!

HAPPY SPRING!!

Today may have been the first day of Spring, but it almost felt like summer here in North Carolina.  I think it got up to near 80!  It looks like Spring, too---everything is blooming.  My pansies look great!  (Thanks to "I Must Garden" deer repellent!) We have a severe deer problem here.

I WON!! I WON!!

I was so excited to receive a package from my sister Sallie yesterday! It was her "Spring Giveaway"----I won her drawing.  I've been enjoying a huge box of Spring goodies all day.  The gifts are all over my kitchen table.  Thank you so much Sallie!  Here's a link to her site: http://sparksinlifesengine.blogspot.com/

 

KUDOS TO MY RUNNING BUDDY!

I was so very proud of a friend of mine this morning.  She's part of the group of ladies I run with every morning; she runs almost everyday (M-F).  Her farthest run up to now was six miles, but today she ran NINE with me!! We did it pretty easy, and walked up most of the bigger hills----but SHE DID IT!  She told me later this afternoon that she had to take a nap!  I don't blame her, I felt the same after my first couple of times of doing nine or more.  Actually, I felt like taking a nap, too, but  I staved it off.  I really had a lot to do around here, particularly climbing Mount Laundry leftover from our recent WONDERFUL trip to Florida and South Carolina.

QUOTE FOR THE DAY:

"The talent of success is nothing more than doing what you can do well and doing well whatever you do." - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

NEW FUN GAME

We gave my son a new game for his birthday - "Disney's Pirate's Dice" - we all LOVE it!  What a fun game.  Only four can play, so we bought another box so that 8 could play.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this new, bigger and better picture of the pansies is awesome!  Is that frost on them or fairy glitter dust?

Anonymous said...

If I lived on your side of the country, would you make me run?  Congrats to your running friend, you guys are running your little hearts out!!!