30.10.07

Gearing up

So, my friends and I are gearing up for our next big event this weekend:

The Raleigh's inaugural "City of Oaks" Marathon and Half-Marathon....we're doing the half marathon (13.1 miles).

Currently most of us are still recovering from the last few weeks long and hard runs......I know I am....yesterday was our first dip into morning temps in the 30's......makes your lungs a little tighter.  I took my asthma medicine last night and this morning, and was out their this morning for my last 6 miler before the half marathon......it was better than yesterday.

But, we're glad we got a few cold runs in, as it's supposed to be chilly this weekend, too.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Burrr...  I hope you don't get sick... Good luck at the big Raleigh run, I'll be cheering for you, from way over here!!!  You can dress up as a marathon runner for Halloween....  L/Heidi

Anonymous said...

GO!-GO!-GO! WOW!!!! It's coming soon! Have a great time and a successful run this weekend, Roberta! I'll be thinking of you!!! I'm quite an admirer of yours, you know. How did you get so strong??? I'm not a runner, but when I do run, it seems my lungs and tight throat are what slows me down, not the leg muscles. So I understand that cold air thing. I hope you can overcome that this weekend, and just sail!!!! I'm so proud of you!!!! I'm sure your family is too. What a fabulous example you are to your kids: of strength, determination, and health. That makes you a super-wonderful mom! Lots of love, Sallie

Anonymous said...

hooray!!!
you sure are working hard!!! you are amazing ..... can't wait to hear how you do ..... good luck.....love, e