20.11.07

Amazed

My baby turned 17 today.

He has "running blood" in him......did you know I ran up until about 7 1/2 months when I was pregnant with him?  I remember being careful not to let my pulse get too high.

I only ran three miles today, but a bit faster with a different friend who happened to be out on the trail today.  She played field hockey in college and now referees field hockey games.  I took Friday and Saturday off after our 24 mile long run last Thursday and then plugged away to get in one mile on the treadmill on Sunday night....whew!!!!....boring!!!!  I guess I'm spoiled with so much outdoor running.  It really has been beautiful on the trails lately....so much Fall color above and underfoot.  I love looking for pretty leaves all the time, but especially when I'm running.

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to the big 17 year old!  

Happy Thanksgiving to you and everybody there!  What are your plans?  I know where your in-laws are!  

Love.
Heidi

Anonymous said...

Hi Roberta,

Happy Thanksgiving, and a very, very Happy Birthday to the next-generation track-star, scholar, athlete, faith-keeper, etc., etc.

Hope you have fun with the Martins.

Love,
Genece

P.S.  Your running accomplishments are astounding.  Congratulations!!! Goooooooo Robertaaaaa!!!!!