5.11.07

At Mile 13

                                      

This is me yesterday at Mile 13......1/10th of a mile to go ( .........and boy did it ever feel like MUCH more than only a tenth of a mile!).

Some friends came to cheer me on....that was wonderful!  Also, I found out today that another friend was praying for me during the whole race.....Wow!  That really meant a lot to me.  When I ran track in college, I always called my mom to tell her exactly what time my events would occur so that she could pray for me......I didn't call her about this race, so I felt so honored that my friend would remember to pray to God for me.

Okay.....so I admit that I'm just a little SORE in my hamstrings today!

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Roberta, seeing this picture of you running just made what you did all so real for me. I just started crying, then applauding you. I am so proud of you, and know you must be so very happy and proud of yourself. That half-marathon was a huge feat to accomplish. Was it cool out like you feared? You are sooooo amazing!!!!! Here's a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS and not from me. I'm glad God helped you through it, and kept you safe. More hugs!!! Love, Sallie

Anonymous said...

Super cute runner's smile!  I'm so proud of you!  Awesome run!  You did it! Yay!