26.8.08

I'm back!

Hello, Blogworld....I'm back!

Since this is mostly a running blog, I didn't have much to talk about today since I only ran two times per week the whole summer.  I must confess that I did miss one week.

I was trying to ward off getting injured like I did last Fall when I came back after summer full force with little summer running. 

Anyway, my 4 kids are back at school, and I've run every school morning they've been back.  That puts me at 6 six miles runs in 8 days.

My friends and I are eying a fall half marathon -- the 2nd City of Oaks Half Marathon -- which is in early November.  Several of us ran it last year; it was pretty challenging with the last mile and half or so mostly UP-hill.  That was caps for emphasis.  Anyway, this year's race has been reconfigured so that it doesn't end on a hill.

In my running group - The Trail Mix - there are 12 of us already signed up for the Disney Half Marathon in January.

So, I'm working on a training plan for our group, mostly based on the Galloway plan; I'm trying to figure out how to work in both Half Marathons.  How do we train between the two?  We had to jump in at week 3 or so on the Jeff Galloway training plan, so this week we're already on to a 8 or 9 miler this week.  I'll let you know how it goes. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow....we sure live different lives....i'm walking daily, though! Whoot---Marathons must be so challenging!!!!   It's a challenge to go up and down ALL theses stairs HERE at the lake!  (Caps for sure!!!)

Hope school is starting off well for the kids!  Jess's classes start today!

Love,
Heidi

Anonymous said...

i walked the dog two miles in the rain today .....she minded more than i did ... i ended up carrying her a lot .... ha ....

we're on our third day of HUGE rain .... but no complaints ... it's good for the drought!