28.8.08

Rest Day

Today was a rest day---in preparation for my 9 miler tomorrow. Well, we didn't rest completely....we ran an easy 3 miles.

Tomorrow's run  will be my first long run in the new  training plan I've got going to prepare my next half marathon in November. It will be my third half marathon.

Do you remember Yael Naim.  Her song got popular with the new slim Apple computer.  I loved that video----remember, the one where her apartment walls fall away to reveal that she's floating in a lake in an "out-doorsy scene.

Check that one out again here: YouTube - yael naim new soul clip

Well, this evening I stumbled across this new video compilation with a new song she's done, "Far, far."  Now that's a good song to sing on the night before a long run!

Check it out here: YouTube - Yael Naim - Far Far

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that video, too!  I love the attitude she has...I've moved so many times in my life...I know what it feels like to want your old friends back!  Ah, love the music as well!  Now I'll go listen to the one you mentioned, Far Far, which I don't think I"ve heard yet!

Toro Toro!  Yeah to David for bringing life back to Toro!!!

How's the runs going???  What's you new Starbucks drink now?  What's the fall scoop at your place?  We need some chatter!!!!!!!  Sallie has an interview on Friday for a class!  Anja's b-day is tomorrow.  I made a peg rack for her entry way, paitned it to match her ktichen.  She'll be surprised as she's wanted one for a long time.  Let's see...not much else new here.  Mark wants to stack firewood...we have a bunch of cords all over, laying where we split them.  Now we have to get them under cover....  Think I'd rather run...or walk!

Love,
Heidi