14.9.08

Great running quote

Today I was reading a local sports magazine and ran across a great quote about running.  I felt it was blog worthy:

"There's a secret, a secret that every runner knows.  I start at point 'A.' I end at point 'A.' And somewhere in between point 'A' and point 'A' is where I find ... the point."

~Amy Kidder-Hayes

Challenging running week for me this week.  After 6 miles on Monday and Tuesday, a group of us (trying to follow the Galloway plan) decided to do half mile repeats.  (That's running way harder than usual and taking a 3 minute walking break in between.) We were supposed to do 6-8, but after 5 in excessive humidity, we decided that maybe that was enough.  Two of us ended up at the track for 5 more quarter miles at faster than race pace.  Needless to say, I was pretty tired and ended up with stomach cramps that night (dehydration?).  Not sure why, but I ended up doing a long run on Thursday--9 1/2 miles.  I had cramps that night, too.  Decided on Friday morning to take it easy and only walked three miles.

I was asking myself and my friends on Thursday, what we 30,40, and 50 - something aged women were doing running as hard as we could??  I guess the quote above is apropos.

No comments: