21.9.08

Hug your children

My middle school daughter lost one her classmates to cancer this week.

We've both been working through it.  It's funny how grief pops up at such random times.  I think when someone near you dies, your brain is just mulling over it constantly, and thoughts about the person that you're grieving just constantly bubble to the surface.

One thing I like about running is the time spent running you can use to either think things through,or talk them over with your trail mates.  Friday was our long day.  We were supposed to do 12 1/2, but ended up at 14 miles as we went out a little too far.  It was good. And it was good to spend that time with friends. Talking.  Laughing.  Sweating.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear of this death of a child.  I hope you are able to help her through, it's so hard.  We've had a number of deaths of kids the girls knew here through the years.  I don't think they, or I, have ever really forgotten the pain.  It does put things in perspective...