24.9.08

A lovely morning

I had a beautiful cool, sunny and breezy morning for our hard day workout of 10 half mile repeats.  There were 5 of us ladies out on the track this morning running around in circles.  The purpose of the half mile repeats is to train your body to maintain a certain pace.  Today's pace for the shorter distance of 800 meters, is slightly faster than the pace we plan to maintain for our half-marathon.  It was a good mental exercise though.  It was actually comfortable enough that we were able to converse a good deal.  When you can't talk, you know you're running pretty hard, by the way.

I'll be heading off on a college road trip with just my older son and me.  I'm thinking a couple of book tapes might be good.  I'm not sure if a 17 year old and a 40 - something year old can talk for 10 hours straight.  We'll take turns driving, so I know they'll be some snoozing going on.  I'm bringing my running shoes.

Oh, and did you know that Tuesday was officially the first day of Autumn?  Is that supposed to be capitalized?  Are you supposed to end a paragraph with a question?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, Roberta!  Running in circles.  I do that here, too.  ;)

I don't know whether to clap or cry:  You're going to take D. for a college visit????  I'm sure you'll talk plenty, be sure to bring snacks!  

You will have a good trip, right?  Take pictures, if you can!

Happy Autumn!

Love,
Heidi

Heidi said...

See how easy it is to move? We did it all our lives, oh, well I did! You did get to stay put for longer periods of time!

Welcome to blogger!!! It'll be fun to watch you over here!

So do tell...how was that college visit with D???????

Love,
Heidi

e.beck.artist said...

welcome to your new blog!