7.8.07

Camping

So we went camping this past weekend, and I thought I'd share a few photos that I just discovered on my daughter's camera........ah, HOT DOGS!!!  At least I bought wheat buns!  We didn't have much time to prepare for this trip, so we had an easy dinner of grapes, carrot, hot dogs---self-serve-cook-on-a-stick, and hamburgers for the grown-ups.

                

Here is my kitchen set up:

               

I've got all our camping stuff packed up and ready to go on a permanent basis.  The royal blue tub on the left is my kitchen in a box.  It's got silverware, plates, cups, cooking pots and pans, bowls, cleaning tubs, towels and wash clothes, table clothes, and table cloth holder clamps,Dawn dish soap, even salt, pepper, and cinnamon....it had garlic, but that was stinking up the utensils box, and I just threw that out this weekend.  I also have an electric griddle and an electric fry pan (We usually camp at electric sites). Oh, and of course I have metal s'more/ hot dog long skewer sticks, and anything else you might need (cutting board, sharp knife, scissors, foil, baggies,tongs, spatula, measuring cup, mugs for hot drinks, can opener). When we get home I just wash all the towels and put them back in and WALL AH! I'm ready to go camping again!  So much easier than scrambling to get all those little items packed up each time (and remembering what you need).  On the right, the big black box is for all our dry foods---to keep them locked  up from all those night (and day) critters!  Behind that on the right is my "utility" container for batteries, fuel, rope, hammers & mallets, stakes, matches, bug spray, glow in the dark sticks (FUN!), clothes pins and such....I keep that stocked after each trip by replacing it with new fuel and glow in the dark sticks and batteries ....  The box on the left behind my kitchen box is for miscellaneous.....games, fans, citronella candles, paper products, etc.

Here's a picture of 3 of the 4 tents we had on our site (a double site).  We camped with another family of 5 bringing the total on our site to 11.

So that's our set-up......we may not be a true boating family yet.....but I think we qualify in the camping department!!!!

My main reason for going camping: S'MORES

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey now!  I thing you ARE a boater family!  LOL  You fish, swim, ski, tube and rescue.  That's all that counts!   And you fur-sure are a camping family!  (I might add probably the most organized camping family around!)  You didn't mention mesquito bites so all that spray and cintronella candles must work!  I bet your kids love to camp!