31.8.07

Friday

Wow.....2nd week of school done for my kids and also the 2nd full week of getting back to running/training for my Disney Marathon!!  I got in 25 miles this past week.  After 6 this morning, I was actually quite tired...........although staying up past midnight every night this week certainly contributed, too. Yawn!  This morning we had TEN LADIES in our running group!!

I actually made the baked in an iron skillet berry cobbler recipe from Southern Living that I posted a few blogs back....i used two 12 ounce bags of frozen raspberries....it turned out great....served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream of course..........it was SUPER easy, too!!  I was trying to figure out how I could get a sugary film on the bready part like Heidi (Everyday Cookies) puts on her blackberry pie crust.  Yum!!

A friend told me today about how many women runners do not get enough magnesium.  Searched a little online and found a good list of natural food sources.  I put it up in my pantry, but I think I may go buy some low dose supplements, too.  I've decided that extra B6, iron, and vitamin C are working well for me.

Here's some deer in my backyard:

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, 2 full weeks of running?  wow!

i haven't tried that cast iron skillet recipe, yet...  i did make a blackberry pie up at the cabin at the lake!  i used blackberries we picked behind the little town library and a store bought freezer crust...it was good, with vanilla ice cream!



that B6 is going to help your mind...lol, helps me at least, to think a little clearer!  reduces the stress levels!

thanks for your phone call, we were at the lake!

Anonymous said...

Hi R!  I tagged you today on my blog, check it out!