4.1.08

In the home stretch

Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend

Click here to see the countdown calendar for the Disney Marathon.....EIGHT DAYS to go!!  My two friends and I are taking it easy this week.  We just have a few more short runs to stay loose before we leave!

I've had a vegetarian guest in my house this past week, so I've tried a few new vegetarian dishes.  Here's one that was pretty good....I would make it again.

BLACK BEAN SALAD WITH CORN

1/4 - 1/3 cup Smucker's Simply Fruit - Apricot

the juice of one lime

1 tablespoon light olive oil

1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

1/2 teaspoon ground chili powder

1 1/2 cups steam in a bag corn.....cooked just enough to get them to room temp (not frozen)

2 to 4 cups torn leafy green lettuce (bite size pieces)

1 medium red bell pepper

1 can - about 2 cups black beans - drained and rinsed

2 cups lima beans (I used a frozen bag that I war to just room temp from frozen)

1 jalapeno chile pepper --take the seeds out and chop finely

2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro

Garnish with Tostito round tortilla chips

In a large bowl, whisk together apricot preserves, lime juice, pepper, olive oil, salt, and chile powder.  Add lima beans, black beans, corn, lettuce, red bell pepper, chile pepper and cilantro.  Toss lightly to blend ingredients.  Garnish with Tortilla Chips and serve immediately otherwise the lettuce gets soggy. Serves 4 to 6.

I know it looks spicy, but it's pretty mild and the lime and apricot give it a slightly fruity taste.  It's pretty, too!  Give it a try!

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hum, I'd love to try this recipe.  Sounds good!  Now, regarding that vegie diet...I just can't do it!  I do love my cheeseburgers!!!!!!!!!!   Rest easy these next few days...Mickey will be waiting...
BIG HUGS to my Little Sister!
Love,
Heidi