2.1.08

Official countdown

Okay.....depending on how one counts....there are only ELEVEN days until our BIG day....the Disney Marathon!!  I'm starting to re-read the chapters in the Galloway books and others on tapering and race day prep!  I think I'm pretty set concerning food the day of.....I've been practicing that......a bowl of oatmeal and some water before hand and the Jelly Belly Sport Beans throughout hav ebeen working for me on our practice long runs.....on the 27 miler I think I ate 4 or 5 packs!!

I didn't run on January 1....but I DID run on the last day of the year.....6 miles.....and I also ran this morning in spite of the frigid temperatures.  I even splurged this morning on a pack of hand warmers I had in my car...."Heat Treats". 

Our Christmas stuff is all cleaned up...company all come and gone....although David's brother's family is coming back for 3 more days before they go home......it was a wonderful holiday....although I never did finish my Christmas cards.....I may have to figure out a New Year's card....

It was so much fun yesterday to tear off the cover pages of my new Mary Engelbreit page a day calender! 

......if you need one got to MaryEngelbreit.com.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hooray for you .... i'm quite proud of you!!
i actually went running yesterday and the day before ... andy wanted to the first day, so i did .... then i ran with the kids yesterday ... i ran about 1/26th of what you run!!!

Anonymous said...

Only 11 days?  Wow, this is coming quickly!  How cool to watch you through the training process (virtually, I mean!).  I haven't run.  This year. Yet.  :)  I might run ONE day to honor your marathon!  :)  I said, I might.  :)

And yes, I loved opening my ME tear off calendar and seeing day one...then today January 2... Did you see her pitcher of lemonaid?  LOL, I had to laugh, I could have used that page on my blog last week!  We had yummy strawberry-lemonaid in my Princess House pitcher on Christmas Day...then my pitcher was empty for 5 days...Then filled again with water!  I love today on my ME calendar!  I ordered the desk-top ME calendar from Amazon and it's not here yet... I need it!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to my sister, the best Mom on the Run anywhere! After tomorrow, you can count your days to go on 2 hands - how exciting for you!!!!! Your dream run is coming closer and closer! I'm glad you had a wonderful Christmas! I put away 4 bins of decorations, but just couldn't part with all of it. I left out 2 wreaths, mirror and mantle greenery, ME salt&pepper shakers, several candles, and my Christmas CDs. I didn't finish my cards either, so I just tucked them away til next year. Who's the wiser? I'm thankful you had some hand warmers! Get more of those! (What are they?) Hey, I eat oatmeal every morning - maybe I'm a runner-wannabe? Just take good care, stay healthy and warm! Love and hugs, Sallie