29.1.08

                                   

Okay...I've got a theory going......I think there's a reason there are now Starbucks in those Super Targets......wow!  Target, I think, gets a lot more product sold to those who have a nice cup of Starbucks either before someone shops or while they shop....I'm a prime example.....if I have coffee before going  to or while in Target, I am guaranteed to buy twice as many items as  I originally intended when  I walked in the store.  Somehow that charge of caffeine makes you think you can conquer all these projects that you get inspired to do while walking around Target.  They do have a lot of fun stuff in that store, by the way.....I know, I went this morning.  And, yes, I did have a coffee before.  Oops!

Ran 6 miles this morning, before going to Target.  Hopefully I can get a nine miler in this week.  I'm gearing up to run with some of my running friends at a local half marathon in early April, so I need to start upping my mileage again after feeling pretty recovered from the marathon.  I was so glad when this morning it was closer to 40 degrees out than to the 20 degrees that I endured yesterday morning.  How DO you get that "degrees" sign anyway, Heidi?

I read a Psalm last night that I really like--Psalm 84.  Here's part of it:

"Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere;

I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.

For the LORD God is a sun and a shield;

the LORD bestows favor and honor;

no good thing does he withhold from those whose walkis blameless.

O LORD Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you."

Psalm 84:10-12

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Psalm 84 is beautiful.  

Starbucks is in Target now?  My my my.  We are getting bettter here, Starbucks is in Safeway!  But I don't shop much there, mostly at Fred Meyer, so maybe that saves me money?

The degree sign is this:
Press ALT with your left hand, then simultaniously type in (w/ your right hand) "0186" and then let up!   It magically appears!    ºººº    :)

It's 40º here also.

Love,
Heidi