15.2.07

Just another day in paradise....

Whew!  What a morning......Kids to school, Curves, shopping at Target, the bank, the cleaners, making cookies, serving Hot Lunch for my son's  (#2) homeroom class, clean-up at home.....and the day's only half over

I had fun shopping at Target!  Our church is sponsoring a refugee family from Burma, and I was getting stuff for their apartment.  Things like flashlights, hangers, foil, kleenex, tape, calculator, clocks, laundry baskets, etc.  The stuff we all have, but sort of collect over time and take for granted.  This family came to the USA  with NOTHING. They have 2 boys -- 13 and 15.

Yummy hot lunch:

Ceasar Salad

Bread

Buttered Fettunni

Chicken and Bowties

Lemonade

 Italian Ice

 And my famous chocolate chip pan cookies

 

Wasn't sure how the cookies would turn out.....running late nad literally dumped ingredients in the bowl, some without measuring.  But they were great!

 

My eldest son got out of school early today, so he helped me serve.

 

Went to Curves today instead of running as it was FREEZING out side -- mid 20's.  I ran the past 3 days, so I decided today would be a good cross training day.  Curves is great anyway--I would highly reccommend it.

 

Had a wonderful Valentine's Day yesterday.  Kept finding surprises from my husband all day.  Two vases of flowers, chocolate, etc!!!

We had a romantic candlelight dinner with takeout from Macaroni Grill.  Our daughters joined us for a little while.

So there you have it....."just another day in paradise!" 

.

Fun shopping at Target.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!  Your days are full and you ARE living!  Sometimes I feel the way you described, "...just another day in paradise!"  I now God wants us to live abundant lives!  I went to Curves in town just once, it was good, but it's just too much for me to make that round trip, and I don't go to town everyday!  Guess I'll just have to run up and down the stairs more!  When the weather gets nicer I am outside more.... Oh, and I wish we had a Target!!!!