27.2.07

A run, some driving, and a cup of coffee

Today I ran my longest run ever----EIGHTEEN MILES!!

I was really just tagging along with a friend. A friend of hers came, too......someone I never met before...funny, after 3 hours of running I feel like she's an old friend.  I know all about her and her kids, and her friends.

So, basically, I ran instead of doing my long "to do" list.  So I had to work fast once I got home.

Wow! I also did a lot of driving today.  I drove to the Lower School, to the Upper School, to the middle School, later to the Lower school, to the Middle School, to the Lower School, and back to the Middle School.  Then I drove to the Upper School, and then home, then back to the Upper School.  Whew!

 

What a nice ending....tonight after putting a batch of ceramics in the kiln, my DH and I went to the Cheesescake Factory to get a takeout piece of cheesecake (my reward---see above).  Then we went to Barnes & Noble and used a gift certificate to buy some running books, a soda, and ......a delicious Carmel Machiatto Decaf Grande cup of Starbucks coffee at Barnes & Noble.

 

Now-----it's time for a hot bubble bath----sweet dreams!

 

Oh, one more thing....here's a poem by my Middle School daughter ( I think in honor of my sister Heidi):

Ode to Cows

O Cow!

You majectic, loveable Cow.

You give us milk when we are thirsty.

You make children happy with your ice cream.

 

O Cow!

You are a most king-like creature.

You have a built in fly-swatter so humans

don't have to swat the flies for you.

 

O Cow!

You come in many different colors.

Everyone loves to just sit and stare at you.

You brighten up the day of many fast food restaurant workers.

 

O Cow!

You are the best animal alive.

 

 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I can't even TOUCH that!  I'll repeat, can't touch that!  That's like running from here to The Hop!  Oh my!  Stop!  Won't you hurt your knees for life?  Wow.  That's amazing to say you ran 18 miles.  I am in awe.

You can eat anything and everything that comes your way!

I love the Ode to Cow!  I remember looking out my kitchen window, watching the cows just grazing, so peacefully.  So full of milk.  So full of...beef!  They had a calming effect on us all, C. included!  

Sweet Dreams, indeed!

Anonymous said...

how on earth can it be that i have to read heidi's blog to find out that you have one!!! .....i can't believe you have a blog....i can't believe you ran 18 miles...i can't believe you are contemplating doing a marathon....i can't believe you called carolyn a middle schooler........i'd never thought of her like that before!!!

oh my, so much to digest and think about!! i will see you in a week and three days (or thereabouts) ......love, e

Anonymous said...

Here it is in plain English: You are incredible!!!!! How marvelous you have the muscles, lungs and stamina to run 18 miles! My daughter just could not believe it, in a complimentary way, and ME TOO! That's wonderful and something to brag about! No one wants to say "at your age" and "after 4 kids" but that makes it almost doubly impressive! And what a loving and devoted mother you are, to drive from school to school, probably doing volunteer work along the way. You sure deserved that coffee, cheesecake, AND the bubble bath! You have my applause and admiration!