13.2.07

Second Try

Public vs. Private.....hmmmmm....going back and forth on this........in doing so lost the sweet comment from my sister, which I shall paste here:

Comment from: hwoodred
"Wow, what a treat to read your blog!  The song that came to mind was "Band on the Run," except, it's "Mom on the Run..."  You painted a good picture of your life, full of many things.  I had to go find my CBD catalog to see what new books the authors you mentioned have released.  All that running! I run up and down my stairs, do I get any points for that? :) And, a boardgame everyday!  Wow!  It must be really fun to have four kids at home! Enjoy!  Congrats on your first journal entry!"

There!

More running today...just 3 miles, but I did almost 8 yesterday. The group of ladies I run with is contemplating going to Disney for a marathon on January 7 2008 - seems far away, but if we start now, we'd definitly be ready!

Getting ready for Valentine's Day here---lots of candy freely flowing! Had friends over Saturday night and we had chocolate fondu for dessert-yum!

Took a trip to California last week to help celebrate my dad's 80th birthday!  Funny, he doesn't seem 80.  Quick trip.....had lunch, had dinner, slept, ran, had breakfast and came home. Would do it again in a heartbeat!  Thank heaven for frequent flier miles!

So our 5 year old computer finally wouldn't cooperate any more. My computer whiz brother-in-law told us in December that hte end was near.  So we got a new one. Wow!  What a differnece!  Then the night before I went to California, our 10 year old dryer broke...got a new one Sunday......kind of hard to have 4 kids and no dryer.  I told my mom about it and she said that things breaking like that just keep happening and they come in "3's" she sadi....hmmmmmm.....I wonder what's next?

I'm still on my games kick......was so happy to get to play Hearts on Saturday --real Hearts with a deck of card and four people....I refreshed my memory of the rules last week on the computer.  It's much more fun in real life.  Nevertheless, I played on the computer last night.....hadn't played a game all day and had to get one in before I went to bed.  Did I mention my game journal before?  I can't remember.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Loved a card I saw in Barnes & Noble this week-- "I don't want to fall in love....I want to fall in chocolate!!".


 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVED playing Scrabble with you! Let's have a rematch, OK? Some time when you're not packing between every turn. You sure looked surprised when Mommie beat us both! And with a BINGO to boot! I'll never forget your face - or hers! Games are great, that's for sure. I love your comment about the "chocolate freely flowing around here..." Man, sounds like for a Choco-holic you really scored on Valentine's Day! Sallie