7.9.07

Plan

So, yesterday, a few ladies in my running group and I sat down over breakfast at a local coffee shop to come up with our training plan for the upcoming Disney marathon. We're basically going to loosely follow the Jeff Galloway plan for completing a marathon.  We're only about 19 weeks out, so this week's long run was a 9 miler; we did that this morning.  The longer runs are at a slower pace, and we let ourselves walk up the steeper hills.

It's a little daunting to look at the schedule and see a 20 miler, a 23 miler and a 26 miler.  One foot in front of the other......I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!!!!

Have a wonderful weekend.....maybe YOU can squeexe in a little run.....that's how it all starts......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have shin splints!!
i haven't had them since high school..... but i woke up in the middle of the night last night with my shins THROBBING ..... i came down and iced them and took advil .... they feel ok now when i'm walking around but are tender to the touch .... i think they'd been coming on for a while ..... i made myself skip tennis boot camp this morning ... bummer!!

Anonymous said...

Daunting? Daunting??? If it seemed possible to me, it'd be daunting!!! Roberta, you are amazing!!! I'm rooting for you all the way! You are so strong and also ambitious!!! That's fabulous to be in such marvelous shape as you, and be able to actually run in a marathon! Go for it!  Love, Sallie

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I have no time to "squeexe in a little run"... LOL  I may start with a walk.  Sue's going to walk the Pre this week, and I can report that I have walked/run that race!  You can look me up on the computer for that year.  LOL  You Go Girl!  Run for us all!