6.2.08

Puzzles

I've worked on a lot of puzzles in my life.....but I don't think I've ever completed a thousand piece puzzle all by myself.  Well, now I have:

                             

Over the Christmas holidays when we have lots of guests, I always try to keep some puzzles going for people to work on.  We did several, and when I originally put this one out, we did still have company.....but my brother-in-law (a puzzle whiz) said he was "all puzzled out"; so, I knew I was on my own. (Wow- what a run-on).  Now, I admit, it took me almost a month....but I only worked on it in the evenings....right when I was supposed to be going to bed! Ha!  

I've always loved Mary Engelbreit, and I really enjoyed working on a puzzle of one of her drawings.  I thought it would be a little difficult...but there was so much detail that I was able to work through the various sections of it pretty methodically.

Now that that puzzle is cleaned up, and I've got another one ready to go:

                 

Let's think SPRING......pansies....here's a pansy puzzle for you to try:

http://thinks.com/jigsaw/flowers/pansies.htm

Good luck!

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fun puzzel!  And now your next one is ME as well?  How fun!  Remember all the Charles Wysocki puzzels I did years ago?  :)  (I think you sent me many of them!)  Putting together a puzzel is very relaxing, maybe that helps you sleep better!   I went and tried the pansy puzzel...I didn't solve it, I gave up!  But it looks like fun, you can time yourself etc!  Today's Daddy's birthday...I called AFTER you did!  You beat me to it!  He seems happy to hear from his children, such as you and I!   :)