20.2.08

Blueberry muffin

I got to start the day today with my husband over a Blueberry Muffin....that was nice.

Tomorrow is a 13 miler.....will be chilly........but I've got gloves!

My boys put their money together (along with my  twelve dollar contribution) and went and bought a cool XBox 360 game called ROCK BAND. Check it out on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/mpd/permalink/m26JJVEW5OSZEM:mZG7LBIOY34MH

They're really excited about it.  Maybe I'll buy some real drums one day.  One of my older brothers used to play an electric guitar....one song he used to play is clearly stuck in my head:

I got the football blues, I got the rocks in my shoes!

I think he wrote that song for my little brother.

Got a call last night about 9 p.m. -- a request for cookies needed at school.....so I baked another batch of my famous Chocolate Chip Cookies!  I think that's about the 5th batch in a week.  My daughter told my husband this evening that the cookies were awesome.....just what I want to hear!

Helped my youngest daughter a lot today----she's writing a book of poetry that she'll read to her class next week.  She's written some really cute poems. Here's one of them:

Hugs

Hugs

Hearts

Red

Pink

White

Chocolate

Fun

Candy

Friends

Family

Kisses

Love

Parties

Smiles

Cards

Gifts

Cookies

Candy hearts

Cupid

Flowers

Roses

Valentine's Day

Wouldn't it be nice to have Valentine's Day everyday?  Especially the flowers and chocolate and hugs part! 

Gotta go----my husband just announced he's going to join the boys in their next Rock Band performance as a guest singer!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ROCK BAND!!!!  Fun!  Tell the boys we have The Tape of their father rockin' back in the 80's...like a British rock star, wearing a trench coat...singing "White Wedding".... Tell them.... He is The Rock Star!

Good luck on your thirteen miler... stay warm!

Oh, and by the way...none of our brothers had electric guitars...none that I knew of!  When was that???? Was I grown up and gone already?  

Your cookies sound yummy...always are!

Tell Grace her poem is precious!  And I could live like that everyday!   Wait, ...I think I do!

Smiles.  Heidi