16.2.08

This week

Got in some several good 6 milers this week, and we even did a track workout----8 half miles (that's two laps around the track).  My, I was a little tired after that!  Got in 6 miles this morning with a friend I hadn't talked with in a while.....running is a great way to spend time catching up with a friend!

My daughter was sick all last weekend, but she did get her valentine's done.  There was paper, stickers, stamps and markers all over the counter for days! She made a cute valentine using a printout of a Mary Engelbreit heart....then there was a Valentine pencil going through it like Cupid's arrow! She also had a diorama project due this week (that's a scene in a box). Plus I helped in her class for the Valentine's Day party---I brought three crafts and I made a cute Valentine matching game.  One of the pictures to match was a class picture.  The kids loved it! So, it was a busy week.

Oh, and there's more.....I spent the 13th making baked goods for a bake sale for my oldest daughter. The preface is that on the night of the 12th,  David and I were watching the Food Network channel and we saw a show about making massive chocolate chip cookies....I decided to make that my goal when I started cooking on the baking day.  I altered my tried and true recipe slightly, chilled the dough and viola!....I think I did pretty well:

                   

And here are the cupcakes I made; I went all out with pink frosting, sprinkles and candy hearts!!  My daughter said they sold really quickly! 

                

My son played his last basketball game of the season this week.....I'm a little sad for that to be over, but now it's on to track& field!  Added bonus this year is that both of my sons will be on the SAME track team----only one meet a week!

We went out for Mexican food last night--YUM!  Then my eldest went to a play, and my other son had a friend over to watch Monk and Psych.  I made cookies for my youngest daughter's basketball game today.  They needed a little sweetness after they got ROMPED this morning---poor things!

My bread maker is purring away.  I'm making pizza dough for homemade pizza that we'll have for dinner tonight.  I made bread another night this week. It's wonderful  to walk into the house with the aroma of fresh bread lingering.

One more basketball game today.....church, a birthday party, and a basketball banquet, and then we're into another week.  Next week's running plan includes a thirteen miler, so I'll need to gear up for that!

Hey, did I mention that I've signed up to do the Disney Half Marathon next January?  There's already eleven in my running group who are all booked and ready to run it! 

TTFN!

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

drew had a giant sugar cookie for his candles last night .... and julia has brownies for her candles tonight ... then i'll do a choc. chip cookie cake for their real and shared day .... i let them both have a solo special day ..... no one here loves cake, but it doesn't hamper the sweet eating at birthday time ..... i would love to be there eating YOUR baked goods ... love, e

Anonymous said...

I hope everyone is well by now!  The cookies and cupcakes look yummy!  And here you are running still and signed up for NEXT year's marathon?   WOWOWOWOW!  

I can smell your bread in the maker from here...how often do you use it???