21.2.08

Picky eaters

'How to Please Your Picky Eater' Video - Rachel Campos-Duffy - AOL Living

LOL....I know Rachel Campos-Duffy knows a lot and she does have some great ideas, but, I'm sorry, she doesn't seem to really know what a true picky eater is......on the other hand, I must have a child who is just a plain off the charts PICKY EATER.  My youngest daughter eats NO FRUITS.  Only ONE VEGETABLE---Broccoli.  NO MEAT, except maybe half a hot dog once every two months or so.  What's left, you might be asking.......WHITE pasta, egg WHITES, WHITE bread, white milk, French toast, pancakes, cheese, yogurt (kid's only and no strawberry or banana, chicken noodle soup (skipping the carrots and the meat), WHITE rice, WHITE cous cous, cereal, oh......she will eat raisins occasionally and once in a blue moon she'll try dried cherries.  Oh, oh, oh....and she drinks a little bit of Apple juice, and a little bit of apple cranberry juice, and grape juice.  Now THAT'S a picky eater.

Amazingly, she's quite a healthy girl....I give her kid's vitamins everyday.

Thank goodness, I'm still somewhat of a picky eater.....I CANNOT eat mayo, salad dressing, mustard, or really fancy dishes from really fancy restaurants.  I've finally learned to choke down the weeds that they serve at really fancy restaurants.

In addition, my sweet daughter has an uncle who was perhaps worse than she was when he was little......I'm not sure he's improved much, either, except I know he eats meat.

I think beyond the taste of foods, it's the texture and the smell.  There must be some research on ultra picky eaters.

She and I sure enjoyed the chocolate chip cookies we made today...ha!

Yes, another batch of chocolate chip cookies.....it's okay....I ran thirteen miles today, so it's okay if I had a chocolate chip cookie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol...  I've finally learned to choke down the weeds that they serve at really fancy restaurants.  lol!

Just recently I witnessed your/our picky-eater-brother eat a piece of lettuce.  Really. He did.  

I like G's diet.  I'm right there with her!  I do like mandarian oranges, in the snack packs.  


I like chocolate chip cookies, but if I eat more than two I get a back headache.  so...

Congrats on your RUN!!!!!!!!!!!! Run Mama Run

Love,
Heidi