22.9.07

Shofar

Interesting coincidence......on my word-of-the-day calendar today, my word was SHOFAR.....I guess because today is Yom Kippur.  Interesting because the word is somewhat unusual and that word is in the title of the Francine Rivers book that I'm currently reading --And the shofar blew

David and I went out for some dessert with friends tonight....that was fun. 

I felt fairly accomplished today as I:

*glazed almost 2 dozen plates in the church's ceramic studio

*processed another 8 new books for the church library

*bought a new pair of running shoes

*went to a wedding shower (bought the gift at Target right before)

*went to my daughter's soccer game

*had guests for dinner (David did most of the cooking)

*baked a batch of brownies

*fixed a clogged sprinkler head

*got a pedicure

Smile.  I promised myself that from now until the marathon I will go get a pedicure after every run longer than 10 miles.  She worked off a couple call that I had created on this weeks long run.  Got my toenails painted red.  I generally like red for fall and winter and hot pink for spring and summer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Smile.  That's a "cookie" for sure!  A pedicure!  I'm so proud of you for treating yourself to a pedicure AND having your toenails painted RED!  You go girl!

Anonymous said...

I checked this book out from our library this week.  I thought I read it a couple years ago, but wasn't sure, so I went ahead and brought it home.  

Anonymous said...

I don't know why I started panting just reading this one, and just sat there and calmly read about your running practice for the marathon (?). Anyway, there must be more hours in the days over on the east coast????? Are you sure??? I'd like to know the order you did all this? How early did you get up and bake those brownies? What a wonderful, action packed day! Especially going out for dessert, with your toes all pretty and all. Sounds like you may be getting lots of manicures here, with all that running you're doing! Perrty toes. I'd love to get one with you, again! Love, Sallie