21.9.07

SWEET SIXTEEN

I ran 16 miles yesterday....well, actually 16 and a half miles.  My knees hurt a bit.  We pushed the pace quite a bit compared to last week's 13 miler....or was it 14??

I work in our church library....sporadically.....poor readers...well, I do let people "preview" books for me that I haven't processed yet.  Anyway, a friend helped me on Wednesday, and we processed 24 books.  Then, today I did 16 more.  Maybe I should read the first 16 pages of our next church book club book, And the shofar blew, by Francine Rivers.  It's next Sunday night, and I'm leading the discussion.  My mother always told me that's what deadlines are for....to actually get you to do what you're supposed to.

Why don't YOU go read 16 pages of your favorite book at hand!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your sweet 16 post today!  I read every night before I fall asleep, but I have never counted the pages!  Maybe tonight I will!  I like to say I did sixteen of SOMETHING today...hum, thinking...hum...thinking the answer might be that I took 16 (okay, it's a rough count-best I could to)...anyway, I took 16 photos of little John Mark tonight!  We went over there for dinner and you should see John Mark run and play on their property!  He's got little boots and he hiked up the hill, ahead of us, and picked and ate blackberries on the way to the top.  He's not even 2 yet!  You'd be amazed!  He talks up a storm too, not sure what he's saying, but it's so sweet!  I'll try to get one of the pictures to you soon!