27.9.07

Trail and Track

So this week in running has been interesting.  Tuesday, after running 3 miles, I did some 400 meter repeats on the track with some friends at 30 seconds faster than her marathon pace.  We did 8 all together (that's 2 miles).

Then today, I ran 3 miles to warm up, then a HARD 5K.  I was breathing hard and there was no talking.  Then we ran 3 to cool down, then three more to reach our nine goal.  A friend still had 5 extra miles to do, so I went over to the track with her and did another  mile and a half.  I was tired when it was all done.  Sometimes it feels good to DO A LITTLE EXTRA.

Gotta go....David's waiting to watch Survivor!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are a running machine!!! wow, i'm impressed .....

but more importantly...dontcha think tha survivor is MUCH rougher this season? YOINKS!

Anonymous said...

Wow.  You sure did THE EXTRA!  I think you're going to win the marathon next year for sure!  (You and your team!)   Does is count I did THE EXTRA on our deck?  We sanded the deck boards today....ALL of it.  I was about to die, then I got my second wind and we finished it up!  Hard, hard work, let me tell you!  You'd love to see it now.  Tomorrow Mark will reseal it.  How's your front yard????  Are you ready for Mommie & Daddy???  I'm so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Roberta, I'm afraid my math is so bad I can't add up all those miles. (Please help me!) The most impressed here is Erica. She wants to know all about it. If you run/walk, rest, etc. She ran 4 Miles tonight (at the gym w/me) and her goal is 6 by December. Go, oh you strong ones, GO. I am very impressed, too. That's so far and so fast and so hard. You've got some great lungs and legs. Fabulous, just fabulous. Love, Sallie